View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #4
BarbaraM
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, I hope the puppy gets better soon!! Just thought I would share, if your vet mentions the possibility of collapsed trachea - ask if you can get a fluoroscopy for a diagnosis?

My yorkie began noise making at around 3 - 4 years old. One vet said "reverse sneeze" or just a cough. Second vet said "collapsing trachea - KEEP HIM CALM" and this most recent said "perhaps soft palate issues - lets schedule a resection for Nov 4th.

It slowly and steadily gained power. First it began as a strange cough while playing or getting excited. Now it's all day strange noises every time he inhales!

He is in critical care in Purdue Lafayette where I left him a couple hours ago. He is in an oxygenated cage. Heavily sedated. He needs to calm and the inflammation needs to come down before anything can be done. He is scheduled for the fluoroscopy tomorrow. There is a chance he will need to be intubated this evening if he worsens.

I HAD NO IDEA!! None. Please do some research. Ask questions. It is so difficult for them to breath - it is as bad as a child's severe asthma attack!! I should have been given some type of medicine to calm him, help with inflammation and to reduce the wheeezing/open the air flow. NOTHING.

I hope your baby gets well soon!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!