View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
Darn it Nancy! Why did you have to pop my bubble!! LoL Im jk I love your thoughts on this- I am just at wits end wit this and I feel so bad for him!

He has never itched like this before, he has been on Acana for about a year. I also give him a little wet food in the morning. I have been giving him Wellness... Maybe its the wet food??

I took him to the vet and he said its Dermatitis allergies- He said I can give him the Benadryl and I have a spray for him...

He itches his whole body, not so much his feet, but he will sit there and lick his feet for hours! I almost think it is like an OCD thing!
I really don't know that much about it, but it's not the brand of food that makes the difference, it's the ingredients. For example, some dogs are allergic to chicken, while others are allergic to corn. For others, it could be potatoes. You need to out the ingredients in the particular food you are using. I think a food change may be the easiest test, but you have to make sure no snacks of any kind are given. Wellness makes a food that has limited ingredients and my foster boy does well on it. Wellness Simple Food Solutions® Rice & Duck Formula The only ingredients are Duck, Canola Oil, Tomato Pomace, Vitamin/Minerals and Ground Rice). So you could try something like that for a week and monitor the itching and see if it's better. Also, is Peanut allowed on grass, grass allergies are very common? Of course when you shampoo, make sure you rinse thoroughly and if he wears cloths often, you might even want to cut down on this, as it could be something in your detergent or the dyes in the clothes. So you have to rule out anything else that could be causing it when you are doing the food test.

Join today and remove this ad!