View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
Carinhosamulher
YT Addict

Default Matthias's big sister Cinamin's bad news...

I just wanted to let everyone know that we had to take Cinamin to the vet yesterday for her seizures and the bloody drool coming from her mouth all the time. We were expecting her to have to be put down because we've already been told in the past that her heart murmur is too bad for her to be sedated for any length of time without it killing her. Her seizures have become a bit worse lately, instead of one or two a week it was one or two a day! Tracy (my sister who lives with us) came home early to watch the kids and Gary and I took Cinamin to the vet, still hoping that something could be done.

The good news is she came home with us after the visit. The bad news is she has epilepsy. They took a vial of blood for testing to see if they can find the root cause, but the vet said it is probably just old age getting her now. She is on two pills, one for the seizures and one for the bloody discharge (which is coming from her stomach as a result of the tightening and contractions during the seizures). The good thing was she did have a mild seizure while at the vet right in front of the vet tech, so she was able to verify what we were witnessing.

We have been given intrustions to keep Cinamin calm and resting. She's not to have any strenuous activities. We have to keep the kids from being rough and noisy around her and/or with her. She goes back to the vet in four weeks for more blood work. We will know if the meds will work within three weeks. If they don't they will try to adjust the dosage and see if that will work. If not... then we'll see what the next step is if there is any... So right now we just pray that our little girl takes to the meds and they do their job. If they do, we can keep her with us for a few years more on the conservative side. The vet we take her to just loves her to pieces and one thing he said that was despite her age, the heart murmur, and now the epilepsy, she is just a beautiful dog in remarkable shape. So we must be doing something right with her. He said we were good dog parents and she was lucky to be with us. We feel we are the lucky ones to have her.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!