View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Xuanz
Yorkie Talker

Default New Member with questions!

Hello, I have been a silent reader on yorkietalk for quite sometime and this is my first post.. I finally got my puppy 2 weeks ago! This is my first time having a dog and Ive adored yorkies since im young, Im really happy the day he came home. =D now that he's passed his fear period of moving home and leaving his mummy and friends, im having new problems and i need help!

1.) Isit normal to have to go potty almost once every hour during the day? ( the pee is in very small quantity)

2.) I noticed that sometimes he'll leave 1 spot of pee on the floor all of the sudden(this usually happens when i leave his sight for a moment, for example going to the washroom and when i come out there is this pee on the floor) PS.-( most of the time he has gone potty 5 to 10 mins before it happened.) Anyone has any idea why is this happening?

3.) I peepad trained him and now he will go on his peepad most of the time if he sees it. For example i leave him in an xpen he will pee on the peepad. ( I usually bring him out to play after he has gone potty) he's had no accidents for almost 2 weeks and i decided to extend his area giving him bigger play area then he had an accident on his play area. (Does this mean that i have to make play area smaller and try again after he has no accident?)

4.) when he's not in his xpen, he'll go potty on the pee pad if i leave it in the same room he's in, ( Ive brought him to a friend's house and he uses the pee pad in her house, For that im really proud of him. =D) However when at home, i intend to place the peepad in the toilet in the future but when i place the pee pad in the toilet at home but he wouldnt got into the toilet for the peepad on his own. Although I have been bringing him to the toilet to potty. (How should i go about teaching him that the peepad is in the toilet so that he'll go to the toilet to potty on his own?) Is it adviseable to place his whole play area in the toilet? so that he'll know that the peepad is there? (PS. The toilet is not being used by my family so its relatively clean.)

I know this is a wordy post but i'll really appreciate it if anyone could help me with it.. Thank you very much. I'll post photos of Ruffles once i figured how to. =D He's one active boy.. Very hyper and always jumping up and down constantly.
Xuanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!