View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
kdhawks
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Yes, they mature and become less of a handful, but don't expect time and age to magically produce good behavior. They have to be taught.

Levi has not calmed down much as he has aged, but he has definitely matured. Even over the past year, I can see him continuing to "grow up." But at almost 4 years old, he is still very, very energetic and active. Totally just a little wild child in personality.

Levi does best when we are on a very consistent schedule. We try hard to keep his potty breaks and eating schedule the same every single day...which means that even on weekends, I am up at 5:30 AM for the early morning potty break and breakfast. If his schedule is disrupted (like if he spends a few days away from me with his granny and papa), he acts like a completely different dog when he comes home. Super hyper and high-strung and just flat-out wild. So we really like our schedule, ha.

He's never been the kind of pup to just lay down and take a nap. If I am up, awake, and moving around, so is he. He gets tons of exercise, goes on lots of trips, has another pup in the house to play with...and he still never seems tired. He can go for long walks or a trip to the dog park, and still come home and want to run around and play tug-of-war. He is just naturally very, VERY high-energy.

So I guess all this to say that yes, he has matured, but he hasn't really calmed down much. He still runs and plays like a puppy, and he can be very stubborn, but he has learned a lot and he does listen to me pretty well. I adore this little pup, and fell in love with him because he is so playful and so fun. I hope that many years from now, he still runs up to me with his favorite toy in his mouth and his eyes saying, "chase me mama!"

kdhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!