View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Question Will she get calmer?

Hey guys! I have a quick question. As you know we got our Yorkie, Katie Scarlett, almost a week ago. She is almost 15 weeks. We LOVE her to pieces and love every second of the day with her. I know she is still a puppy but this pup's energy leval is nothing like I've ever seen. It's like she is hopped up on something every waking hour. Never sits still, always wanting to run, jump, etc. Now, I am not complaining in any way. I know this is puppyhood and she is just doing what is natural. It does not bother us in the least. We play with her and keep her mind active as much as we can. We try to introduce her to new things every day. We play when she wants and we let her rest when she wants to lay down and be. She usually snuggles up next to one of us and we love on her a bit while she sleeps. I know Yorkies are an active breed and that is fine. We knew this when we researched before even considering choosing a Yorkie for our home. We are active people and knew she would be a good fit for us. But my question is...will she be like this as she grows older? I mean, we want her to stay active and happy, but will she start to mind a bit better and slow down a tad? The past couple of days she has just seemed to go into overdrive and will not mind at all. She has ample chew toys and we keep them swapped out, but she still insists on nipping on our socks, toes, fingers, pants, etc. We try that quick 'eh, eh' loud noise and fold our arms/look away and this does nothing. She just keeps on doing it. I am just wondering what I am doing wrong? How do I get her to mind/obey? Does this get better? I want her to be happy, but well-behaved at the same time. I hope this won't come off the wrong way. I really do love our baby and want her to be happy, but I want her to listen too. Everyone keeps telling me to start making her behave and to discourage unwanted behavior, but how do I do this? I can't seem to ger her to listen while she is soooo hyped up. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? I'm not discouraged or anything like that, I just want to do good. But I can't seem to grasp how I can make her listen when I can't catch her attention for longer than a second. Any advice/help would be appreciated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!