View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #7
kwalden
Yorkie Yakker

Default Need Help Too!

I have a one year old male yorkie, Charlie. We got him in October of last year and he was so little and it was cold so we taught him to go on potty pads, but he was never completely broken to them. As soon as it started getting warm, we started taking him outside on a set schedule, using the umbilical method or using the crate when he is not being watched. We leave him in a small gated area with a potty pad when we have to leave for more than a few hours and he will wait until we get home and not use the potty pad, even for a whole day (which doesn't happen very often). He was doing pretty well and then all of a sudden started going in the house again. It has only gotten worse since the cold weather moved in here. He has a coat and he will still try to plant himself. When we do get him outside, he will pee once and then head back to the door. He is the perfect little man except for this. We love him dearly, but what can we do? I know we have created some confusion because of the potty pads, but it was just too cold last year. I have thought about the rascal dog litter box or the potty patch, but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
kwalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!