Thread: Worrying
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Yes, her joints could be bothering her, but have the symptoms changed within the last few weeks? How is her sugar? Is she on pain meds for the knees? Did this start after starting the med?

Lethargy is not normal. Barring any health issues causing it, I wouldn't be too surprised at the clingyness. She is with you almost all the time. Her need for this may become greater and greater as time goes on. I spent a ton of time with Ellie for the first several years of her life and now she doesn't do well when we're separated at times. She really hadn't learned how to be independent. That wouldn't account for her not wanting to chew though. Have you checked her teeth and gums? If there is anything that looks off in there, I'd wonder if that could be an issue..
She hasnt had an episode of low sugar in over a week but she has been pretty low key. The pain med my vet gave me she said not to use every day but it would be ok to use like when she is going to be very active. Her mouth looks good I brushed her teeth tonight and everything seemed fine. After brushing her teeth, and combing her she seemed to get a little more energy and ate a few bites of food ran out side and went poo and then came back in and ate some more food and played a little then layed down and chewed a bully stick for a little while and I went to take a shower and she went back to sleep as soon as I left to go shower.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!