View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
sweetie1103
Yorkie Yakker

Default Repeat question on correct board - if "tie" took?

Hi Everyone! I am doind some research online and found your lovely forum! People seem so nice and friendly and not even only limited to yorkies (which I love!).

My name is Vivian and I have two long-coat chihuahuas. My male, Bailey, is neutered because he is too big to breed and he has one luxating patella.

My question is regarding my female, Chloe. She is being bred once, both parties want to keep the puppies.

Being her first time, I just am having a hard time knowing if the "tie" took and not finding enough information online.

1/5 - she was bred for the first time. They tied for a 1-2 min. a few times. the few times it seemed to last longer, she would move away and they would seperate (although a bit painful on the male).

1/7 - they tied a couple of times for a few minutes. Then they tied for about 7-8 minutes and the owner of the male was holding the male to help support him, but noticed after a while that the male had slid out when a bunch of fluid fell onto his pants. Do you think this was successful?

1/8 - they tied for about 30 minutes. after a few minutes initially, Chloe was crying and trying to kepp move away but we took turns holding them together, and soothing her with kisses, words, and rubbing. I am sure this one was successful. They seperated painlessly.

My question for experienced breeders - do you think the first 2 days were successful to count? I have been told by one breeder and the vet that if there are only 1-2 pups, they usually get big in the belly and require C-section to birth (and also 1st time moms may reject the pups if they are C-sectioned. At the same time, I don't want to span the # of days they bred from 1/5 to 1/11. That will be a week in difference IF the 5th did count.
Please advise as the owner of the male is available if I need to take her to him again this week. which i feel I would need to do tonight or tomorrow at latest. Thanks for anyones advice in advance!
sweetie1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!