View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
MaxYorkieBear
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I hope someone more knowledgeable can help you, but I've read that good breeders say they will never let a dog go before it weighs two pounds, no matter how old. You are lucky nothing has happened; they can go downhill so fast. I would be free feeding and have nutri-cal on hand just in case. Seriously, how can she have any fat at that weight? Puppies go through growth spurts and food should be available at all times.
We have nutrical and karo syrup both in her bag and in her treasure chest at home. She has someone with her 24 hours a day and hasn't needed to use the nutrical at all since we've had her. We tried free feeding but we couldn't do that with her stella and cheewys and she's doing great with the kibble broken into smaller pieces ( Origen has pretty big kibble) She's pretty small framed but she's definitely growing length wise, it just seems to be pretty slow. I was wondering if it had to do with her going number 2 before the appointment? I know when they eat and go potty could chamge things also. I'm pretty sure she has some fat and muscle. I have to apply pressure on her back to feel her spine so there's definately something there and the vet did the same and said she's not skinny or anything. Her weight justs seems to have halted these last few weeks.
MaxYorkieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!