View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
singing2341
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Adult Female Teacup Yorkie... Litter box?

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here- I have been reading for a while, and am an avid Yorkie lover.

My Yorkie Cali is hardly housebroken. She was hypoglycemic as a puppy, and had a lot of health issues caused my her size. I have had her since birth, but she required some extra care during the first 12 months of her life. She spent a lot of time with my breeder who is also a vet.

More concerned with her health (and rightly should be!), the breeder didn't spend any time on potty training, which resulted in Cali being confused - (When she was at the breeder's home, she would go on newspaper that had been laid down, but when she was with me, I would gently scold her and try to make it clear she was to go outside.

The problem now is that Cali has been confused for so long, she is going in her bed, in her crate, on towels used for bedding, ETC. She will go outside if I keep her out there long enough, but I live in Seattle, and she is only 3 pounds. I hate the idea of her out there in the rain and cold weather!! Even when she is outside, I have a rug on my deck which she regularly goes on, and it seems that no matter how much effort I put into it, she just loves going potty on fabrics.

I was wondering if any of you have tried litter training your adult Yorkie, and what types of litter boxes you use.
Im considering purchasing the ScoopFree self cleaning litter box.

Any info would be really great! Thanks for your input!

-Shalane
singing2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!