View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
jkat
YT Addict

Default Frightful Incident

I came home from work today during lunch time to feed, "relief" and play with my yorkie girl, Aggie. After we were both done, I took out her leash for us to take our daily "brisk-lunch-walk", which she has learned to enjoy over the weeks.
Half way through our walk, an elderly lady was walking her dalmation. I hesitated a bit for letting Aggie walk near the dog. Yet, the dog seemed friendly and Aggie seemed to be eager to meet this dog (she was tugging and pulling the leash). The lady and I barely exchanged words when in a split second, the dalmation picked up Aggie in its mouth! Aggie shrieked and yelped. She looked at me for help and I could do was trying to pull the dalmation's collar while its owner spanking and yelling for the dog to put Aggie down.
After what seemed like an eternity (2 seconds), the dalmation dropped Aggie on the ground. I picked her up and she was still letting out this terrible, hard-sounding shriek. I held her tight and started our way home while the other lady walked the other direction.
Aggie calmed down in my arms while walking home. But I noticed whenever I tried to shift her, she'd cry. After we got home, I sat her down on our couch. She wouldn't put weight on her front left leg. I thought oh no.

I immediately drove us to the vet.

The vet took an x-ray after feeling her with his hands. Luckily, she didn't have any fractures, just a bruised joint. They fed her some liquid pain killer with anti-immflation. Now she's out in her crate.

While I was driving to the vet, there was immense guilt in me. Only if I had picked her up... Or, if I had diverted our paths... I should have listened to my gut feeling...

I learned it the hard way and let me little one suffered.

New owners, don't be like me. No matter how friendly the big dog seems to be, pick up your yorkies!!
jkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!