View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
We have a Verizon family plan. It's...around $120 a month. 700 minutes, unlimited texting on both lines. No data plan. Free Verizon to Verizon. No minute usage on nights and weekends.

The coverage seems to be best for the areas we frequent, so that's why we stick with it (although I'm hearing a lot about AT&T and even T-Mobile doing better than them now). But still, in a couple areas that we go, Verizon is the only carrier that works so far.

I've heard many a complaint about thier customer service, but I think sometimes people call and start throwing a fit right away. IF you're kind to them, they're kind to you. They have fixed a few overages oopses by just upping our plan for that month or whatever. When it comes to actually haggling for better deals though (no termination fee bc we didn't want to pay it on a line), they probably aren't quite so accommodating. Not really their fault though.

We are very displeased with their phone selection right now. At this time, we see no reason to spend $30/month (or even $10/month) to have internet on our phones. However, they are apparently playing this new game that consists of them only letting their nice phones go to data users. The rest of us get pure crap. I have a hard time even finding one or two with a texting keyboard on their site without requiring data (and the reviews on these aren't promising). Could get a phone elsewhere, but after so long they are cheap or free through them (I think like every 2 years?). I don't even mean teh iPhone or Droid. I mean a new phone with a keyboard. Non-existent after they d/c'ed the Zeal (which I think I'm about to buy through somebody else). It's just ridiculous. So mad about it that the only reason we stay is the coverage. The last phone I got was the Cosmos and it is complete and total garbage. It's nice for texting, but absolutely horrible for calling. And apparently it can unlocked and unmute itself..in my pocket. How that works I do not know.
Thank you! I was hoping to hear from some non iPhone people as well. I'm with you, my family does not need a data package. I am looking for a good phone as the one I have is completely worthless.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!