View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Spayed Cozy after her 2nd litter. The puppies were huge 6-9 oz. 4 females and 1 male (runt). Her first litter 3 males and 2 females-2 to 3 oz. She had morning sickness her entire 1st pregnancy. No sickness the 2nd time. If she had more pups she may have had to be sectioned. Fist litter took less than 3 hrs start to finish with an 1 1/2 break btw the males and the females. 2nd time is was 16 hrs from 1st runt male puppy to the last female.

Cozy was spayed when I spayed Roxy and Zoey at 2. Roxy is too small and Zoey has the wrong personality. She have no maternal instincts. She hid til Cozy's second litter puppies were 6 wks old while Roxy was in the basket with her mother from the first puppies birth on. Roxy is very maternal just too small.

I neutered my Golden, Lucky, at 10 because he was miserable when Cozy went through her 1 st heat. He elected to be outside from 7a to 11 p. Cozy slept in my room behind a puppy gate from 11 p to 7 am. She would not leave him alone and he was not interested in her so he hid outside.

Lucky never marked, never wondered, and never fathered a litter. He was a perfect gentlemen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!