View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #41
kdhawks
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Do you use a grater on your raw celery first to get rid of the strings? Not only do I hate the taste, I hate those darn strings! Do you eat celery by itself or with a dip?

Have you tried the sweet yellow onions raw? It doesn't have that harsh bitter taste. They are quite sweet. I love all types of onions raw.
Yogurt, have you tried greek yogurt, particularly Fage? It's so thick it may as well be a mousse. Or tzaziki sauce? You eat it with gyros and other greek or middle eastern foods. It's yogurt with lemon, garlic, mint and sometimes cucumber.
Hot dogs, have you tried Nathan's or Hebrew Nationals? Or if in a restaurant, the kind with the natural casing, those are really good.
The celery strings don't bother me. I'll sometimes snap the stalk and pull the strings off, but that's more for entertainment value. I love celery alone, with peanut butter, ranch, hummus...I just love celery.

Do the yellow onions have bite? I usually dislike any raw onion. I buy the sweet yellow ones to cook, but have never tried them raw. I promise I'll give them a chance.

I LOVEEEE tzatzki sauce...but can't stand greek yogurt plain. It's still clumpy feeling in my mouth. Haven't tried Fage...I think Chobani was the last kind I tried. I regularly buy yogurt, but for some reason cannot make myself like it at all. I love tzatzki because it's been thinned down and sweetened. Holy deliciousness. I forgot how much I love that stuff.

I don't like any hot dogs - got really bad food poisoning from one as a kid, and haven't had any since. The thought of hot dogs still makes my stomach turn.

kdhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!