View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
BigBlueNation
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Back to the seizures, we have had Bailey diagnosed by 3 different vets. From our understanding, Yorkie's are not meant to be bred that small. Keep in mind, Bailey is 7 years old and barely 4 lbs. According to 2 vets, because of the breeding practices, "Teacup" Yorkies can experience serious health issues, seizures being a pretty common occurrence. With respect to the seperation anxiety, he now sits and stares at my girlfriend when I leave, like he used to stare at me when she left. I have now realized that this "terror" that he seems to display is caused by his anxiety. We have decided to take some of the earlier stated advice and leave and come back. Making coming and going less of a stress for him. My GF now understands that giving him praise when coming home, especially when he is going crazy, is actually detrimental to his behavior. On another topic, we have now noticed another behavior. Whether he is sitting in my lap, or hers, if we show affection to one another, he begins to growl at the opposing person. The walks and positive reinforcement have helped with the potty training.
BigBlueNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!