View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

BigBlueNation Hello and welcome to YT. I am a writer and it is absolutely true the written word can fail to express the tiny nuances of face to face, verbal conversation. When I am looking at a person I can see their body , hands, facial expressions and hear slight changes in voice tone and pauses. Are they serious, sarcastic, angry, sad, afraid, reluctant, aggressive , reserved , depressed, shy ? I can insert a question into the dialog to clarify, what exactly they are saying. I can ask, why, when, where, how. Reading a list of statements, can leave the reader to have blanks in the story, and to draw wrong conclusions.
" the dog is terrified of me, and stares at me with huge eyes"
What picture does that paint in your mind ? I hope you understand we love Yorkies. Many of us are not casual pet owners, our lives revolve around dogs. Some of us are breeders, trainers, or we work in Vet offices, rescue, and so on. So I would say, we see and hear a lot of abuse, neglect, and are very protective about Yorkies. You were an unknown. With out detailed information, people draw their own conclusions. On this forum if someone asks, should I keep my boyfriend or my Yorkie ? Some of us would say, show the man the door and keep the dog !
If you really want good advice and understanding, this is the right place for you. When someone sounds like they are accusing you, or they are having an emotional outburst, don't take it personal. Set them straight with more information, so that they can help. There is so much to share and learn on here, I hope you keep coming back.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!