Thread: Seafood thread!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #17
gidget529
Gidget & Sidney's Mom
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahis_Mama View Post
Toro and Hamachi is my hubby's favorites. He just likes it sahimi style with ponzu sauce. I love the california rolls sliced with spicy ahi sitting on it and with the panko sprinkled on top. I do love my wasabi too.

There is a baked(we put it on a pan on throw it on the grill) fish recipe that we make with Uhu aka Parrot fish. This is sooo good and we usually only make it during new years eve or when my husband goes diving and catches it. Very expensive in the stores. Clean, scale, and gut. Put ti leaves or banana leaves on bottom of pan so fish doesn't stick and burn. Stuff fish with onions, fresh ginger, potatoes, and portuguese sausage(lup cheong if you like it..yuck to me) . Layer inside and out with mayo. Season with salt, sugar, pepper, soy sauce...yeah I think thats all lol cover with foil and bake. The fish taste is mild, it's meaty but soft and oh so good. The fish is a very pretty fish too and they only eat coral. I think you could use this recipe for other hearty white meat fish. The extra kind of make it not healthy anymore...but who cares. LOL
I'm in PA so I don't think we could find parrot fish. Is there a white fish you would recommend. I think my husband would like it - mayo and sausage w fish!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!