View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess10 View Post
I do want her to continue because I do believe it offers many benefits. She became so self-confident just to make the team, as everyone didn't. She's made new friends & finally almost left this bad 'friend' behind (tho they play together).

But with someone tearing into her & all of them I just worried it'd ruin her self-esteem. Plus it can't feel good to commit 5-6 days a week & never win. I also don't want her to think quitting is the answer to that either, it's just so discouraging for her & it rubs off on me. Having a teen girl is an emotional roller coaster ride enough without adding in the volleyball.

I will say that those of you that have figured out I'm obsessed with our hockey team, that has helped me, & her, too. Our team was a very losing team for years straight but they all of a sudden won a championship. I can try to pass that faith onto her as well as her seeing how the coach treats the players if they're screwing up. I don't think competing is ever a walk in the park no matter what it's for. I just didn't know if I should wring the coaches neck like I wanted to.

I so understand your feelings here. I think you are being a good mom!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!