View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
susan lynn
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

My son is a Senior and has played High School Football for 4 years. I was very surprised at some of the things he would tell me about the coaches, players and how they were treated. Coaches cussing the boys and having to run extra laps if anyone on the team messed up ( because you are a team everyone was punished). also things that go on in the locker room.Luckily my son can get along with everybody and put it aside. I am the mom that called the Athletic director at another school we played because the coach was cussing loudly at his team on the field. I have learned a lot in 4 years and am glad to say my son isn't interested in playing in college. The one thing my son learned is that you have to work as a team and it isn't about any one person. We also have a team chaplain that gives a devotional before the games and is always there to support each one of our players ( we are a public school). I think you and your daughter need to decide if she wants to continue to play regardless of the coach, Is it worth it? For my son it has been. The main thing about any sport (to a coach) is winning! Unfortunately some coaches push their athletes beyond their limits. That is when I would interfere.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!