View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Tongue Anything Pickled!

I love pickles of all sorts. Haha when I was typing sorts I almost typed sour!

Just found a new brand of pickles at the swap meet. Hooper's pickles. Their chili version is so good. They are packed with whole chilis and lots and lots of dill. They do sell them at Mother's Markets and Whole Foods too, so I won't have to trek back down to the swap meet everytime I run out.

I just also tried this delish kim chi at our Flame Broiler. I usually don't care for kim chi bc it isn't sour enough for my taste, but this one was great! Sour, salty, spicy, crunchy and cold!

One of my favorite chinese pickled things are preserved mustard greens. They also have preserved cucumbers but they are heavy on the soy sauce and sugar, so if you've never had them before, they aren't like regular pickles, but so good with congee (rice porridge). I also find it funny they call it "preserved" and not "pickled" as I'm sure most of these jars of veggies stay on the shelf of the chinese market for ages! Preserved like mummified? LOL

What are your favorite pickled things? Recipes too if you got 'em!

Last edited by capt_noonie; 10-12-2011 at 11:19 AM.
capt_noonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!