View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
hnybun128
I ♥ Maci & Mojo
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteddybear View Post
How do you all handle people when you go out with your Yorkies? I used to get it all the time in the states and hoped when we got to the UK it would be different but I almost find it worse. Walking my little girl and of course I am proud of her but everywhere I go I get looks like I am some kind of weirdo and comments I hear from people passing by. You know the ones, "is that a dog or a rat" kinda ones. Now being here I also get remarks and questions about where her tail is because she came from the states and has no tail but here they all have tails. I wish she did have her tail but she doesn't. I have a hard time dealing with people anyway so on days when I manage to get out and about in public and want to socialize Rosie I find it really hard dealing with people. Anyone have words of wisdom? lol
Oh gosh, that must be horrible! I bet countries that have banned docking probably really look down on the U.S. where it is the norm. Like you, I wish my babies had their tails, too. I don't know that I have words of wisdom, but I definitely have sympathy. I think people often make ignorant comments because they are truly ignorant and uninformed and don't always intend to be rude (though some certainly do). I don't know what to advise you to say about her docked tail, though. You could always indicate she had some tragic accident and make them feel horrible for bringing it up... With me, it would really depend on whether the person was being rude or whether they were just curious or concerned.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!