View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
jmdt
YT 3000 Club Member

Both my older son and my older daughter play soccer. My son played all 4 years in college, and only a TOTAL of 17minutes his whole senior year of high school. He apparently was not good enough to play as a senior but he then went right on to play the college level. He made a college team that had just won a national championship. Tell me he wasnt able to play in high school. His coach was a jerk.
My older daughter plays on her college team now. Believe me I do know how coaches can be. I think your daughters coach is definitely on a power trip. I also understand that you do have to "hurt" to get better. Training is a very big part of being on the team. I think she is a bully.[I][B] I would definitely call the athletic directer. You don't have to give your name for fear of repercussion, but I would definitely ask him/her if this is standard procedure. If no one calls than how would they know about what the kids are made to do. Someone has to say something.
Good luck and tell your daughter not to give up some coaches are just jerks who like the power. If she really hates what is happening then she could always play on a womens league someday just to play and have fun.
My son graduated college in May and still plays on a mens league just for fun. Never give up what makes you happy because of 1 idiot.

Good luck

Last edited by jmdt; 10-11-2011 at 05:28 PM.
jmdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!