View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
carleirulesme
YT 500 Club Member

Question Any suggestions?

We have Cash penned in a playpen at night and at naptime... I will let him nap on the couch when I'm nursing my daughter and let him play after he goes potty for a little while... I don't have him penned to a certain area, he can go in the living room or kitchen all other doors are closed...
Question is:
When I put him in his pen, he has toys, a basket w/a blanket to sleep in, puppy pad, water and food... So it's basically his "safe house"... Anytime I put him in there, he wants right back out to be held... I can't hold him 24/7 because of my daughter, and he cannot sleep with us beds already full LOL... So I want to teach him that it's okay that he's in there, he's safe, and all that.. I've read a great article suggested from someone on here, and stuff on the net, and stuff already on threads on YT...
I understand that you should (if i'm getting this right)... put pup in whatever you are putting him in... say a command such as "quiet time" walk away... if he does that w/o whining, give a treat and walk away.... ok i've done that... 5 minutes later he's still whining.. i tell him quiet, he gets more anxious, so I say quiet and walk away and let him do his whining...
so... should everytime I put him in his pen... to say go clean the house, tend to my daughter, go grocery shopping, and at NIGHTtime, give him a kongo filled with peanut butter or what not??????? and then when I come home, say good boy with quiet time... and then tend to his needs???????
That's where I'm confused I guess... he's whining at night and it's waking all of us up.. I don't want neighbors mad, he has water.. we take him potty, he still whines and he will not as I said sleep with us...
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!