Thread: Frusterated.
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 AM   #15
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

The flea med you used only works as the fleas bite your animal. So the others that are hatching in the home just jump on. One flea can lay thousands of eggs. They like to put the eggs in carpeting and along the edges of the room. They also lay eggs under the cushions of your furniture and in your furniture. If you don't get rid of them your animal will continue to get new fleas and the flea medication will not work as long as it was originally intended. A dog that is being bitten on a regular basis may need to be retreated with flea medication up to every 8 days. It is better to vacuum all those areas and put down a flea powder or other type of flea killer. Make sure you empty the vacuum and take the contents outside right away. Siphotrol Plus is the only flea bomb I have found that really works. Some vets sell it or you can find it online. The trouble with bombs is you have to get every living thing out of the home for a period of time. If your dog has an area in the yard that it is in frequently that area may need to be treated with an outdoor flea spray.

Whenever I bring Gracie back inside I go over her quickly with a flea comb to make sure we get anything that may have jumped on her while we were out. It has been a bad year for fleas. Staying ahead of the problem it the best defense.

It seems that a good groomer is hard to come by these days. I like to use a groomer that grooms show dogs. They have a lot of knowledge about the breeds and the best way to deal with their coats. Like everything else the education of groomers seems to have diminished in quality. The ones in the chain stores seem to only know how to shave a coat down and not how to do a real breed cut.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!