View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Default My experience

According to you, they are about eight weeks old. If you go by the growth charts posted on here, it says to triple their weight at eight weeks and double it at twelve weeks and you will get an ESTIMATED grown size. Some people on here have had good luck using this chart. Not me. I bought Ceeby because i wanted a small yorkie and both of his parents were small. The breeder said she doubted that he would even weigh four pounds and that three pounds was more like what I could expect. When he was eight weeks old, he weighed nine ounces. I don't remember exactly what he weighed at twelve weeks but according to the chart, he would weigh 2.89 when grown. Well, he is now five and a half months old. I took him to be weighed last week and he already weighs three pounds. So it is hard to tell. You can only guess what they will end up weighing. The vet did tell me that due to his bone structure and etc, he thinks he is almost done growing or at least, it will slow way down. He thinks he had his so-called six month growth spurt at four months.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!