View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 05:14 AM   #1
flyorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Questions about the size of a pup

Hey girls and guys of YT. my friend that had pups a couple months ago wound up having the cutest little babies. I helped welp this litter it was great all the pups are perfectly healthy. well we brought them to the vet to get heallth certificates and to our surprise 2 pups 1 male ,1 female weighed 2.5 lbs at 8 weeks. The third pup is the little guy his name is Henry. Too cute and the name fits him as he pounces around like a little kitten. Im in love. Away he couldnt even tip the scale. After a couple minutes on the scale he finally weighedout at exactly 1 lb. He was the first born. My question is do you think he will stay small or just a slow grower? I understood size of a pup comes from genetics. All the puppies produced by her grow up to be anywhere from 5lbs to 15lbs. She is not a show or champion breeder i would say just pet quality pups everyone that has bought a pup is 100% happy with their pups. See the pups are up for sale now and shes getting a lot of wrong info.One woman wanted to buy him and then asked if she can breed him back to his mother because he and hs mother will produce teacups since he will be the ideal size. Now this woman is NOT getting a pup. Another question was that i thought you couldnt tell really anything about a pup at this age. Am i wrong? I dont want to tell her miss info like everyone else is. Here is a pic of little henry she sent it to me so the quality of the pic may not be that good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little henry 1.jpg (110.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg little henry2.jpg (110.6 KB, 53 views)
flyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!