Thread: I can't do it
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 03:36 AM   #15
hunniebunnie
Follower of Yorkietology

it took me a good 6 weeks to get bunjee to minimize his biting and even now at 16 weeks, bunjee still bites/chews my hands every so often, but he's getting more responsive to the "no bite" command and he chews a lot more lightly now. princesseszoe's advice is good. it works. it just takes time.

as for the barking. bunjee used to bark a lot for attention, especially at night. he'd much rather sleep with me than to sleep in his crate. i did a combination of ignoring him and use of a spray bottle. in the daytime, i'd just ignore him. in the evening, when he starts to bark excessively, i'd say "NO WHINING" in a firm, threatening voice and follow up with a spray, and then walk away. i did this since he was 9 weeks old and *just* started to see it working recently. nowadays, when he whines too much or barks for attention, i'll walk over and just say "NO WHINING" and he'll stop and stay quiet.

there's several commands i started to use with him when i got him at 8 weeks old and i'm just starting see the commands being followed without too much fussing in the last two weeks or so. patient and consistent training works and it feels great when it does work. my husband thinks it's really neat that bunjee's following commands and bunjee must be a genius, as if everything happened overnight. of course he doesn't see the hardwork of my constant and consistent training.

so it'll happen you just need to give her more time and more patience.
hunniebunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!