View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
maci_mace
YT 500 Club Member

Lorraine... actually this is one reason i also sought out her breeder, i had a feeling there was a contract involved due to her being champion sired, cost $1600 pet only, and that she was from showing lines. the previous owner had informed the breeder that they may possibly need a new home for Maci, but I guess didn't actually tell them they did it.

The breeder did tell me about the contract, but said she felt good about me and that if I was ever in her area to come by for a visit as she'd love to meet me, and I could meet some of Maci's fur family! She has been great in this situation, as she knows and has kept contact with Maci's other owners for the past 2 years and knows they loved her a lot and wouldn't just give her to anyone, and the fact that I did try to contact her with in 48 hours of having Maci showed that I cared too.

I am sure in a different situation with an owner the breeder didn't keep contact with as much or didn't know as much about the home, yes she probably would have been more upset and possibly enforced her contract. However she is working with me to make sure I am doing everything to be a perfect home! She has given me a lot of advice from dentals, to vaccines, to diet etc... a lot of what I already knew from reading here but some was new and helpful.

Munchki... PetSecure is supposed to be the best in Canada. Their prices and coverages are more than reasonable too!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!