View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Tiler
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My dog LOVES to run!

Hey everyone.....haven't posted in a long time. Our Quila is now 10 months old and doing great. She is so FULL of energy. I knew that we would have to exercise her often when we got her. But she hates to walk.....she wants to run!! So I figured i hate to run . Then I thought 'what if I get a bicycle and teach her to run beside it'. The first time I did it at the beginning of summer she got it right away....no problem! I keep her close with a 6 foot leash and I sometimes have trouble keeping up with her .....seriously. When we run we usually go about 6-7 kms and she loves it. She is never behind....always beside me or ahead of me. Our record for one run is 11.5 kms. Since I have had my Iphone we have gone 220 kms according to the gps.

My question is....does anyone else do this? I always wonder if it is too much for her but she is always still so hyper when we get home. I NEVER pull her...most of the time she is pulling me. The best thing is I get the exercise too!
By the way she is now 10 pounds so she is not tiny at all and is all muscle lol.

Thanks
Tiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!