Thread: Finally!!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

You've gotten lots of good advice. I always recommend Biogroom Oatmeal S&C. It can be found at Pet Food stores; just do a searchon line and hopefully there will be a petstore that carries this product in your area. I like it because it works, it is relatively inexpensive and easily sourced.

I would like to emphasize, you just can't rinse enough vs a vs the shampoo, the conditioner you will want to leave a little bit in the coat, and blow dry the coat.

I like to use a ShamWow to soak up water after the bath, and wrap for about 5-10 minutes the pup in warmed towels prior to the blow drying. Also in cool/drafty rooms, I only uncover a bit of the pup at a time, this is to try to keep warm and avoid a chill. I;m pretty anal so this may be a tad of overkill; but my boy goes swimming all summer and in the winter and is washed weekly (or more often) and has never even had a sniffle.

Once you rule out fleas, ticks, or mites that may be causing skin/coat problems, then what is left is diet, kind/type of shampoos and conditioners.

Good luck, and BTW the grooming section has comprehensive threads on lots of different grooming products.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!