View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I took Ruby twice to a groomer and she acted so frightened after the 2nd time, I decided from that point forward I would groom her. I was growing out her coat anyway, so the groomer was only for a bath, sanitary and paw trim. I don't think the groomer did anything necessarily wrong with Ruby, just that Ruby wasn't used to being left with anyone, and especially in a strange place. I mentioned my concern about her being left in a cage with a cage dryer, and/or being left on a table with a noose. The groomer trying to alleviate my anxiety told me she would most likely just blow dry Ruby sitting in her lap. She was very nice with that offer, but I don't know if she actually did dry Ruby that way.

The noose if used properly shouldn't hurt a yorkie trachea. The problem is, you don't really know what is done when you're not there to observe. And, since there was no way for me to resolve that problem, I decided to learn how to groom my dogs.

If I were to utilize a professional groomer again, I would look for a mobile groomer.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!