Thread: Finally!!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #9
Paisley-n-Me
YT 500 Club Member

Hi.. congratulations on your new puppy! I also have a new puppy, she is 15 weeks old. I ordered some of the Yorkie Splash and Shine product tthat was mentioned, I haven't got it yet so can't give you my opinion on it yet but a shampoo and conditioner with a Oatmeal and aloe base might be soothing for skin and coat.

If she does have fleas, she needs to be treated to get them off and started on a preventative to keep them off. Fleas will make the skin and coat itchy, brittle and dry but they can also cause health issues, like anemia and tapeworm so it's very important that she be flea free. The flea products that can be purchased at places like Walmart are pretty much a waste of your money. There are better products for flea control. Your vet can advise you on that.

If she has ear mites, her ears will need to be cleaned out and treated with a medication to kill the mites. Not only are ear mites itchy and miserable for the puppy but if left untreated they can cause hearing loss.

Maybe you could make an appointment with your vet as soon as possible. It sounds like your little one needs to be seen.

Please keep us posted on how amara is doing
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!