Thread: Treats
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

My Geno chews on Greenies and LOVES them. I didn't know they might not be safe. We really don't give them to him all the time. Just one a day, or every other day. We used to give him Smartbones. They are an alternative to rawhide since I knew rawhide wasn't always the greatest thing to give to a pet, and the breeder had recommended these bones. He LOVED these but after he would chew one up, he would start to gag and spit up. So we stopped giving these to him and stuck with the greenies.

Geno also loves his nylabone but I noticed a lot of dogs do not like them. Geno I guess is an exception. He hasn't choked on his nylabone but we always make sure to give him the nylabone only when we are present. When we go out and put him in the crate, we don't like to put his nylabone in there cause we're afraid he might choke. Instead, we give him one of those minty rope bones to chew on. I mean really, like Brister said, they can ultimately choke on anything, you just need to err on caution on deciding when and what to give them .

Join today and remove this ad!