View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 04:55 PM   #11
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

After a month or so using the pee-pee pads now, I am finding that Schatzie is liking the idea of using the old fashioned "potty outdoors" method. However, she will still use the potty pads in her playpen upon morning wakeup and if she has been in the pen awhile. However, I would like to "wean" her upon maturity off the playpen and have her use her own bed at night to sleep. First question to this reply is for those using potty pads, are your pooches locked up at night or do they have free run? If so, are they finding the pee-pee pads at night? Also, my next concern is since Schatzie enjoys the outdoors to do her business it will be winter soon. I heard that cold/wet/iced conditions are not safe for Yorkies. Should I try to lay a pee-pee pad in our room at night and NOT lock her up during the night to see if she will use the pads on her own? Or do I take her out in the mornings come winter time? Im real curious to see if she is able to sleep at night in our room without being locked up? Id put her in bed with us but I am too afraid she will fall off and her her legs.
schatzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!