View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #10
sugarglass
Yorkie Yakker

I have a lil boy called Clover, he is a chorkie.
Like the others have said, its very difficult to determine what s/he might look like, as with any crosses, you just never know!
In Clover's case, he has the huge ears and curly tail of a chi but his colouring and coat texture is mostly silky like a yorkie and is about the size of a small cat.

Temperament too is really up to their parents' but in general I'd say they're very clever and sassy little dogs.
I've heard that both of these breeds are fairly hard to toilet train (almost a year old and still a few accident from time to time) and both are also notorious 'yappers'. However, I have trained Clover not to bark from an early age and now only barks for a lil while when someone is at the door.
I guess good training can help deal with these!

I like the fact that he is a cross, hopefully hardier than purebreds (I couldn't afford to buy a dog with super good genes, lineage) and his insurance is cheap too.

He is much stronger than either of the breeds' pure counterparts, we sometimes go for 3 hour woodland walks and I am the first to get tired!

He doesn't eat very much so I can afford to feed him the best kibbles, and is a perfect travelling partner.
I work at home and do craft fairs around the country and he is always sat by the stall attracting customers!

He also has a massive fan base on facebook, (Clover Fuzzyface) and let me know if you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them for you.
sugarglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!