Thread: I can't do it
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
linz06
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default I can't do it

I have been trying to train my little girl for 3 weeks. I have gotten NOWHERE. I've taken advice from here with biting, using anti-chew spray on my hands, breaking eye contact and walking away, closing her mouth, tapping her on the nose, even biting back! And of course, then showing her what she can chew. She'll walk right past that and bite my hand. Barking is starting to be a problem. She knows it gets my attention, so she barks a few times until I look at her and she runs away. I know she wants to play but as soon as I get on the floor she bites me! I'm working on the word "toy" right now, since "sit" and "stay" just won't work for me yet. So everytime she plays with her toys, i say it and praise her and if I throw her toy and say "get the toy!" and she gets it I praise her and give her a treat. So then I do it again and she doesn't go after the toy, just sniffs around my hands and jumps on me looking for a treat! I don't expect her to get it right away, but I have trained 2 dogs before (not yorkies) and I expected at least SOME progress in 3 weeks! Layla is 3 months old. How long did it take you guys to make progress with training? Am I doing something wrong?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!