Thread: Motor Seizure?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

You found my thread on Elvis. So glad you did Elvis's seizures are similar but not quite the same.

Having said that I was told every dog seizes differently and just because they are not falling over shaking loosing motor and often bowel or bladder control does not mean it is not a seizure.
Some dog's (and people) have such slight seizures there is only a mild reaction the untrained eye wouldn't even know it to be a seizure.
Elvis arches his back like a super dramatic representation of a hissing cat, then his legs tighten and go straight, his head will go from side to side in slow motion as though he is shaking it saying no, then he tighten beyond the point of any movement and will fall over often or go to his side.
In the mildest form he will loose control of his legs wobbling like his going over ice and then he will stiffen and regain movement. Elvis however will have one seizure come out of it and minutes later have another then hours later another anywhere from 3-5 over a 48 time period.

Foremost concerning is not only the videos and recommendations (I'll be blatant here and many won't like it-the MRI doesn't really do anything to help you if it is neurological issue-well okay if it seizures caused by a neurological issue and not another issues causing seizure the MRI only accesses the damage and shows the parts of the brain damaged-in my experiences and the same is found on CT scan I don't know the difference other than the price I billed to be totally honest ).

Did you do bile acid tests both immediately after the seizure and then several days later then after another 10 days? That should be step 2 step 1 should have been a full blood panel (run twice to ensure seizures w not caused by a foreign contact issue-i.e. poisoning, allergic reaction, chemical imbalance or a liver, kidney or other issue that causes seizures ruling out anything but a neurological issue.?

Did you get a referral to Karen @ UC Davis?

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!