View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #15
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Ellie was free fed until Rylee came. Now she is fed twice a day just like him. No problem with it for either dog. Some days they get a treat or two and some days they don't. Unless your pups are very small, very young, or there is an underlying health issue, feeding 3x daily should not be necessary. I mean, maybe some dogs will do better on it, but then I'd wonder what is going on. Even small dogs should be able to eat just 2x daily.

I/D is fine for a healthy dog, but haven't there been some opinions about it being not very filling? I would take the healthy pup off of it and try an adult maintenance food. Puppy food is high in fat. I wouldn't be excited to do that. My pups are fed different foods and we do fine. They each get what they do well on.
I am thinking the same amount of food but separating the meals. I just don't want Mikki eating all the time. Maybe could even head back to the 2 meals per day. And Rosie may not even need the 3rd one as well. My concern in feeding Mikki a different food is Rosie getting in it. With her IBS it would not be good. I think the puppy food is out. I wonder now if the girl even asked the vet or is giving me her own advice on the puppy food. I think we may have to do the I/D for a while. Or until I can figure out how to feed Mikki where Rosie will not get in it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!