View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I have been told in the past that it was ok to give ID and EN to healthy dogs.

As for the free feeding, I don't do that and honestly don't think it will hurt your Rosie to stop it. She will get used to it! I free fed my Sassy (years ago) for about a year and then got another pup that was getting fat so I stopped. My Sassy adjusted and did just fine with two meals/day!

Not sure about the puppy food thing...I would be concerned about weight gain.
I really think I may just try to feeding three times a day like Elaine suggested. But I think I am going to stick with the I/D instead of the puppy food. Maybe that will keep her from getting hungry. I am not sure she is eating because she is hungry anyway. I don't know why she eats all the time. Well, If it isn't broke don't fix it right? By sticking with the I/D and feeding them 3 times a day, I think both of the girls will be getting treated fairly. She has been doing fine on the I/D and I also don't have the problem of Rosie getting into her food by accident. Because her getting into Mikki's food would be a problem. The vet didn't see any problem with Mikki having the I/D. So I am glad that you heard that as well. Makes me feel better about it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!