Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I wish I knew more about this to help you and your little girl. My little girl, Ashley, had many gas pockets in her belly because of taking in too much air due to her trachea. I always had to make sure that she was not constipated because of the gas. Have you tried using warm water on her rectum to stimulate her to go to the bathroom? I often would put Ashley under the faucet of the sink running warm water and sometimes had to apply gentle pressure. If she is constipated you need to be very careful, though, because too much pressure could hurt her. Ashley took Reglan four times a day, and it helped her a great deal. It seemed to be a necessity so that she wasn't in pain, but I worried about that medication because it is not good for long term use. Ashley was almost seventeen, so the long term neurological risks weren't as much of a concern. I have read a lot about canned pumpkin being very good for constipation. My prayers are with you and your baby. I would seek the advice of another vet, as well.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!