View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Confused Multiple Dog Question

I have an eating question for those with more than one dog. Rosie is on I/D because of her IBS. I have always fed her in the morning and again in the evening. In addition, I always left dry food out in her dog bowl. Very very rarely does she ever eat it. But would ever once in a while.

Now, on to the problem. Mikki came to us a few months ago. The previous owner said she too was on Science Diet. So, I have just been feeding her the same thing Rosie eats because my vet said it would be fine. The problem is that she is eating in the morning and evening PLUS going to the food bowl. It seems like she is always eating!

To make a long story short, I talked to the vet today. They told me to completely take up the food bowl and only feed her the two times a day. They also gave me samples of puppy food because it would help to make her less hungry. I am fine with that but my question is this...is this fair to Rosie to have the bowl up? She is used to it being there and it has never been a problem for her. I am really kinda torn. I need to do it for Mikki but want to be fair to Rosie as well.

Am I worrying for nothing? Has anyone else had this issue? What about the puppy food, ever heard of that? Any advice is appreciated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!