Thread: bad bad cough
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #23
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondy_5_0
Well Mr. Biggie will be 6 months old in 2 days; his health seems much better. After several bouts' with hypoglycemia at first, he seemed to almost 'outgrow' his weakness. His cough is still present, but seems a bit less frequent now. We are still working on potty training as I am probably not as diligent as I should be....I feel like I'm gone so much it's hard to be consistent. I am going to a potty training class in a couple of weeks at Petsmart; hopefully they will offer some good, new suggestions!! Biggie weighs a whopping 2lbs. 1ounce now; and crazily he seems so big when I look at tiny puppy pictures!!! I must need another one
So glad to hear Biggie is doing better!! Has your vet suggested giving him Nutri-Cal for the hypoglycemia? Our vet explained about the amount of calories these little ones need because they are so energetic and exhaust themselves. Also, Toto is such a picky eater [our fault] that she sometimes needs something to encourage her to eat. The Nutri-Cal [for veterinary use] is high in calories and full of vitamins and Omega-6 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. They love the taste ... we give Toto about 2cc almost every day. Have you tried leaving him in an X-Pen with a wee-wee pad, bed and lots of toys and things that he loves when you have to leave him? We also leave Animal Planet on near Toto's pen and it kinda keeps her company but also cuts down on the noises heard from the outside that sometimes makes her jumpy.
Again, we are so happy to hear your baby is better!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!