View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
mojo
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default How to protect my dogs

Hi all. I have a question about protecting my yorkies in my own backyard. That's right, their own yard! I have 3 ranging from 4-6 pounds. 6 or so months ago we had some people move in next door with a dog. That dog is quiet, fine, no problem. They recently got some sort of a hound dog, the thing is huge. It cries and whines day and night. Although that can be annoying, it's not that big a deal. My dogs will go outside and the thing will bark, my dogs will run over to the fence and this thing will lunge at the fence. I have had times where my dogs start it and I have had times when I take the little one out, she is quiet, never involved in the commotion, stays away from the fence and this dog still will lunge. I am very passive agressive and hate any type of confrontation. I came home one day a couple weeks back, this thing lunged at the fence, the fence is going to bust sooner or later and my dogs are going to get hurt. I sent my son over to talk to the neighbor as I was sooo angry. The next day I ended up talking to the guy over the fence (he was in his yard, I was in mine). He seemed very nice. I told him I am afraid his dog is going to come through the fence and injure one of my dogs (his dog weighs 90 pounds I would guess + old cracked fence boards). He said he didn't understand, his dog just loves all the little dogs at the dog park and this only happens with my dogs ((hmmm...they are all fighting over territory)). He said he would put up additional boards on the fence. Fast forward to today, he has done nothing. I don't think he is a bad guy, I think he doesn't think it's an issue. His dog lunged at my little one again, I walked over, the damn thing lunged at me! If it breaks through it could easily kill one of my dogs and I will not let that happen! I am going to try to put up support boards on my side as some of the boards are starting to crack from the weight of the dog, but I need more protection. I need to get some type of pepper spray (but then run the risk of spraying one of my dogs) or some kind of stun gun. I would never want to hurt an animal, but I have an obligation to keep my dogs safe. Any thoughts? Anything I can do to kind of scare that dog away from my fence? Your ideas would be appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!