View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieNchloe View Post
I've just always thought as a pet owner that this was a procedure done ONLY for the sake of preventing unwanted pregnancy. Am I wrong? My heart BREAKS for all the unwanted animals out there!!!! For this reason, I'm all for it. Is there another reason I should consider in my own household? I'm a very responsible pet owner, so I really need some enlightenment on this subject.
Research the subject. One link was provided. There are many more links, information out there on the subject.

A female accordingly to one researcher is a bit different from the male. The pros/cons are unclear or at most 50/50 for the females, the males are a much different and clearer story.

If you are truly a responsible pet owner, don't let your male dogs roam, keep them on leash when outside,etc then you won't be contributing to the pet over population problem. For males marking is a behaviour, that yes can be trained out of most dogs. My male BRT does not mark in the house, nor does my male Yorkie. It took a lot more training for my male Yorkie than for my BRT. Neither fully intact male is dog aggressive, or for that matter people aggressive.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!