View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #1
Ichabob
YT 500 Club Member

Default I need your help please

I need some input please. I am in the process of getting a dane to germany, my daughter dog Ophelia after 3 weeks of researching and gathering info information from airlines and customs, my daughter who is already in germany now (she left 3 weeks ago) dinn't do her homework very well. right now her husband and her are on a air force base looking for a house to rent from what I understand all the houses are small and share a wall with the next apt/house very little yard. Ophelia is a house dog weighing 145lbs and stands 38 inches tall 51 inches long.
heres my problem my daughter wants her over there no matter what the cost which is going around $6000.00 dollars, i have her passport all papers are in order her crate is being custom made because she is so large.
BUT, is this fair to Ophelia? 1. she has to cargo on the plane (12hrs flight straight)
2. she going to be in a small apt
3. she going to be left at least for 9hrs or so a
day (they both work)
4. there is no yard for her to run in
there is also quiet time twice a day there
5. she has never been in really cold weather.
I would rather let Ophelia stay here until spring, let my daughter find out whats it like to live in Germnay, find out all the pet laws they have. they know nothing now. they will be there 3yrs, Ophelia is 5yrs old.

What do you think? is this fair to Ophelia?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!