View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Thanks- did not notice that!

The eye goop stopped ALREADY! I really don't think it's coincidence. Maybe it is not the chicken, but something else... who knows... but he ate this food yesterday all day and today all day and as of last night, the eye boogers completely stopped almost.

So we'll see how it continues going... he likes it alright. I don't think he likes it as much as the Organix but he's eating it so that's what matters!

Also, I've been debating how much food to feed him. Before, when he was eating Acana and higher-fat/protein foods, he was eating 1/2 cup per day (he's 16lbs and active) but now that he doesn't get many other treats anymore, I upped the food, plus he always seems hungry!

Bag recommends 1 cup or more for his size but I still think this would be too much for him. So I have been doing 3/4 cup per day which I think is okay for his size and this food.... I do 1/4 in the AM (mixed with a bit of canned), 1/4 in afternoon (again,mixed with a bit of canned), and then I leave 1/4 cup in the bowl for him to nibble on which he usually does around 8pm.

Good! I am glad they stopped. When I was dealing with Taycie's eyes they were not necessarily "goopy" they would just constantly run.. Her face would always be wet in the corners..Now, she gets the occasional sleep in her eyes, but it's not wet. More like crusties, I just wipe her eyes to get them out.

Taycie's eyes run when she is outside playing. I especially notice it when she is running in fresh cut grass. So Jackson could very well be environmental.. I do think grass bothers her, but now since her diet change, I can tell when the stuff outside is bothering her.

The reason I started to second guess her food, was I had to take her off of it and put her on a bland diet when she landed a trip to E.R. over 4th of July weekend. I went from giving Benadryl daily to nothing!( It was seriously night and day difference!)... Her eyes never watered at all, not once. At the time, I really thought it was environmental only, then I made the connection.

Now she eats her RX RC diet and its working wonders. No more tear stains, runny eyes, nothing. And her stomach tolerates it well. It is lower on the protein, I think 19% min.. I went from feeding her 1/8 cup twice a day to 1/3 cup twice a day and she is only 6 pounds! I REALLY had to adjust the amounts. I went by how many calories were per cup and adjusted it to her activity levels etc. I also feed her on the extreme active level, I think its somewhere in the 265 calories a day, for her weight. She needs it.

If Jackson is as active as he is, he may do fine on a cup. I don't know, just guessing. I know Taycie needed more as she was starting to beg. She adjusted great and her poop has been the same so I know she needed it. I also had her weighed to make sure she was staying consistant. You could try taking him in weekly and see if he is gaining or loosing. I do this all the time, this is really how I knew I was doing it right!

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 09-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!