View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
centralnewyorki
YT 1000 Club Member

There was a thread about this a few weeks ago, and I know that there were some mixed feelings on whether or not a carrier or car seat was necessary. For me, it is essential that Olivia is in a carseat. I think my bf got ours at PetSmart, and I know that they're sold there. I'm not willing to take the chance that I get into an accident; Olivia wouldn't have a chance if I were. My carseat has three straps and can be used with any seat that has a head rest. Unfortunately, my backseats don't have head rests, so Olivia is in the passenger seat up front. I would prefer to have her in the back because the airbags can also be a hazard, but I at least have the seat is back as far as possible. There is a leash/harness hook so that your baby can't jump out. At first Olivia would try to get out or give me the most sad, pathetic eyes, but I stuck to my ground and made her stay in there. Now she usually sleeps, and if she is nervous for some reason, I pet her to calm her down, but never take her out of it. Like it was mentioned earlier in the thread- you can be the safest driver in the world, but you can't control the other people on the road.

I think Gerry (Chewysmom) has some car seats on her website, but I'm not sure what kinds. I would highly recommend a car seat to anyone who travels with their yorkie and doesn't have a passenger in the car to hang onto their little one.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!