View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunasMomma View Post
Oh goodness, you've both been through the wringer, haven't you?

It sounds like you need to find a new vet. This one is giving you conflicting answers and that's just unacceptable, especially for the amount of money she's probably made off of you.

I would imagine that a bland diet could be achieved with white rice and maybe some salmon or ground bison (sold in most grocery stores, even Walmart carries it now). My girls can't have chicken either, so if they need a bland diet I usually just give them white rice with the bison. Anything whole grain is probably not a good idea (so the oatmeal would be out) since it's harder for them to digest and the idea of a bland diet is to give the digestive system a break while not starving them. You could even try mashed plain white potatoes too.

I hope your baby gets better quickly
Thanks. Yes this is the last time I'm dealing with this vet. She is one of the many at my real vet's clinic, mind you now my real vet has only seen him 3 times since birth and he's seen multiple different emerge vets so I really don't even know if I should be calling him my vet.

After arguing with her a bit we agreed to keep him on his food, which makes perfect sense to me considering she told me to keep things consistent for him. She said if he gets sick again to switch to an easier food to digest.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!