View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #7
deonk1
YT 1000 Club Member

Yeah, no one told me that until after he got fleas. I honestly thought that if I gave him that, it was all I needed.

So I just got off the phone with the vet, she has confused me even more!

Ok so she is transferring a prescription to a closer vet... good thing.
Then she said it is very likely that fleas caused all the problems... good thing...

BAD thing.... she wants me to switch his food AGAIN! ugh. Ok so you guys need a bit more background to understand why I'm so mad.
He was on NOW! he was fine on it, but when he got sick he was on bland diet for so long that I decided to switch when he came back, we thought he had some allergies so I wanted a food with simple ingredients we could track. Vet told me to pick a food and stick with it, they did not say changing was bad at this point. So I picked FROMM duck and sweet potato... well turns out it has chicken cartilage in it, and we suspected a chicken allergy. Vet said switch... so in the midst of all this the poor guy had rice and hamburger, rice and chicken, and science diet gastro (which he refused to eat after a few days). She also suspected irritable bowel issues and suggested a Royal Canin diet. I don't like Royal Canin cause Harley had some issues with it last time he was on it.
So I read the ingredients on the one she suggested and chose Go! salmon... She said at this point stick with it... and now she is telling me to switch (a week later) to a Royal Canin diet with chicken in it :eek like wth? I thought we were eliminating things and keeping him consistent. I'm soooooo confused. What would you do? I want to keep him on Go! he likes it, he eats it, but she thinks that he can't digest it,
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!